Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Busy as bees

We have been having lots of fun during Hawaii week! We start each day counting all of the money we are donating - a great way to practice real life money skills!

We also worked together to solve a brain buster math problem. Each group had to contribute to their poster with writing, pictures, and numbers. Then we presented our information to the class. All 4 groups got the correct answer! We are such smart 1st graders!
We've been working SUPER hard learning double digit addition! Today we went on a number scavenger hunt! The students had to find and record number sentences they found around the room. So fun!
 

 We played a few games to practice our /oo/ words. We had to stomp on word that sounded like the /oo/ in foot and then sorted our answers to either /oo/ as in foot or /oo/ as in boot. Both teams did great!
Lastly, we read short stories in small groups. We are all becoming such good readers, I can't even believe it!  Look how hard everyone is focusing - wow!

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to be your newest follower! I love the picture of your noun and verb chart on the 3rd group of pictures. What does it look like up close?

    I found you from a comment on Cara's blog and see that you teach in Texas and are close to me. I teach in Lufkin and live in Nacogdoches. =)

    I am a 1st grade teacher and I would LOVE for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete